Re: Resetting the root password in SGI XFS 1.02

To: Glow Nair <zanchu_glow@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Resetting the root password in SGI XFS 1.02
From: Michael Best <mbest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:32:17 -0700
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
From the grub kernel/image selection menu just press 'e' to edit the particular profile. Then 'e' to edit the kernel line and add '1' or 'single' to the end of it and then hit 'enter'. 'b' will boot your edited startup after that.

-Mike

Glow Nair wrote:
Hi Seth..

I used to do that with prior versions. My problem
is this..
"I cannot get to a text mode.. to even
do the "linux single" command..."

When SGI XFS boots up.. then.. there are three choices
and thats it.. period.. When you enter the grub
password, it then offers you some more choices..
but nothing to boot in a single mode.

Thanks

Glow