Re: XFS lastest changes, sb corruption?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS lastest changes, sb corruption?
From: Paul Blazejowski <paulb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Mar 2002 19:03:01 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 2002-03-23 at 17:18, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> There was a bug a couple months ago that would corrupt the superblock
> after a forced shutdown - but you're certain that there was never any such
> event on this system?  What kernel version did you upgrade from?  If you
> had a forced shutdown it should be in the logs (hm, unless the forced
> shutdown happened on your root fs, then I'm not sure the message would
> make it out).  Since you've already repaired the FS, we can't look at the
> first few kilobytes of the fs to see what might have happened...

Thanks for fast replay :-).Yes, i am sure that the system had no forced
shutdowns and it never crashed too...for a record i never had anything
bad happen to XFS on my Slackware system and i've run XFS since 2.4-test
series on my 17gig SCSI partition.Previous to sb corruption i run kernel
2.4.18 + XFS code from CVS from around 02-26-2002.My current kernel
version is: Linux blaze 2.4.18-xfs #1 Fri Mar 22 14:01:31 EST 2002 i686
unknown.I wanted to get the system running fast and did not thought
about saving any errors/messages/logs...well if it happens again (which
i hope will not) i know what to do.

> You could run xfs_repair -n to look for problems, but you already ran
> xfs_repair so it _really_ should not find anything.  :)  check /lost+found
> to see if anything got deposited there.

I did check my /lost+found directory and did not find files or
directories there...i assume that all my files are intact :).Thanks
again.

Regards,

Paul
--