Re: 2.4.18-xfs and RML's kernel-preempt (was: XFS latest changes, sb cor

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.4.18-xfs and RML's kernel-preempt (was: XFS latest changes, sb corruption?)
From: Derek J Witt <cappicard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:04:50 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi! I'm using the 2.4.18-xfs cvs tree. I just used RML's 2.4.18-1 patch
and it works like a charm.  I applied that patch after applying Shawn
Starr's patch10 and i'm having no problems here.

One problem I encountered is that if I jump my FSB speed to 75MHz and PCI
to 37MHz, I get kernel panics the first time around once the drives get
mounted. But, upon shutting the box completely down and powering back up,
I'm good to go. I've been running continuously at 564MHz on this celeron
for a week and no corruptions. And I have rebooted my box a few times due
to OOM. That's a different story.

I got a quick question about reading XFS partitions in Windows 2000. Is
there such a creature to allow me to do just that?

**  Derek J Witt                                              **
*   Email: mailto:djw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                           *
*   Home Page: http://www.flinthills.com/~djw/                 *
*** "...and on the eighth day, God met Bill Gates." - Unknown **