Re: XFS and MD multipath

To: "Michael Dr|ing" <Michael.Drueing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and MD multipath
From: "Martin K. Petersen" <mkp@xxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Mar 2002 10:12:04 -0500
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Dr|ing <Michael.Drueing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Michael> We noticed some problems with XFS on a multipath raid device:
Michael> As soon as one path is removed the system does not switch to
Michael> the second path. But as soon as the failed path is
Michael> reconnected, Linux shuts down the (reenabled) path... With
Michael> ext2, everything works as expected. Is multipath not
Michael> supported on XFS? Or are we doing something wrong here?

That's odd.  The multipath personality shouldn't expose any of this to
the filesystem.  And didn't last I looked at it.

I'll add another path to my setup at work and give it a whirl later
today.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.linuxcare.com/