Re: OT: ISO images for Suse

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OT: ISO images for Suse
From: Martin Stricker <shugal@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:19:58 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Jason Joines wrote:

>      My information came from SuSE, not from reading the license.
> They said it was fine to redistribute ISOs of their distribution as
> long as you didn't charge for it.  If you did, you had to pay them a
> licensing fee.

That's legally correct. S.u.S.E. uses *lots* of proprietary software on
their distribution, amongst them their installer/configuration tools. If
you use S.u.SW.E. Linux you'll find out many things are not where there
are supposed to be...

Red Hat release all their tools under the GPL. Guess which distribution
I prefer...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi