Re: Open file corruption?

To: Harrison Xing <harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Open file corruption?
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:33:56 +0200
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 12:28 25-6-2002 +0800, Harrison Xing wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion.
My concern is that whether my current XFS 1.0.1 release may
lose data for files opened as read-only. Someone has seen once or twice that
"fstab" is corrupted after power off. I know XFS 1.1 has made
lots of enhancements, is it ever possible this also happens
with XFS 1.1?

A lot has changed since then. It might behave very different.

The delete path has been made asynchronous but all of that should not make read only files get corrupted. Install a newer version and test again.

Cheers

--
Seth