Re:

To: "Amit Agrawal, Noida" <amitag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:
From: James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:58:04 +0100
Cc: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
We've recently been trying out Medea (formerly Storage Concepts)
Fibreblocks which allow you to set the block size to 512 or 2048 bytes.

We made an XFS file system using the 2048 byte block size on the raid -
but we got lots of SCSI disk errors when reading/writing to the file
system - eventually the file system shuts down and we get a kernel oops
on umount.

ext2/3 file systems worked fine with the 2048 byte block size.

James Pearson