Re: PATCH: Confure.in Libtool location problem

To: Ben Rockwood <benr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Confure.in Libtool location problem
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:31:15 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi Ben,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 04:05:17AM -0700, Ben Rockwood wrote:
> This p0 patch was created for the linux-2.4-xfs branch.  It simply
> adds /usr/local/bin to the search path for libtool.  Going a step further
> to add $PATH seemed like it could cause more problems than it would solve
> down the road.

Now that I look at it, an approach more consistent with the way
we already check for other tools in unexpected places would be
to use an environment variable - not sure why libtool was done
differently, probably cos it was added later.  I think I might
do this slightly differently to your patch, but with a similar
end result.

cheers.

--
Nathan