Re: xfs_fsr and mmap problems

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_fsr and mmap problems
From: Ethan Benson <erbenson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:46:04 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 10:10:21AM -0600, Warren Stockton wrote:

> abbr. output from 1st mapcheck -v /:
> =============================
> /var/ftp/lib/ld-2.2.90.so: Text file busy
> /usr/bin/tee: Text file busy
> /bin/bash: Text file busy
> /home/wns/bin/mapcheck: Text file busy
> /lib/ld-2.2.90.so: Text file busy
> /sbin/init: Text file busy
> /sbin/minilogd: Text file busy
> 323569 files scanned 0 files fixed 7 errors

ive made a few minor improvments to mapcheck, one is to make read-only
mode really readonly, and thus capable of checking readonly mounted
filesystems and busy files (these still cannot be repaired).

by default when you specify -n in my version readonly mounted
filesystems are scanned, to prevent that add -r or --skip-rofs

i also fixed the bug where it did not properly skip swap partitions
(instead bitched that none did not exist).

http://penguinppc.org/~eb/files/mapcheck.c

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/