Re: Hacking XFS (was Re: reserve space for root?)

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hacking XFS (was Re: reserve space for root?)
From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:23:16 +0200
Cc: Alexander Kabaev <ak03@xxxxxxx>, James Rich <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lord@xxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 07:27:18PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> Hey, I like it.  I think it begs for a script, though - you may get
> tired of this on the days when 8 or so TAKE messages fly by!
>
> At one point Russell had a procmail filter that would attach diffs
> to TAKE messages, by querying CVS I think - automation like that
> would make your life easier.

I wrote a script to do that some time ago. Just pipe the TAKE message
in and run it over a checked out XFS. Pipe the output to a shell.

-Andi

#!/usr/bin/perl
#turn SGI ptools "TAKE" messages into a shell script for a CVS diff to
#recreate the take from a mirrored CVS repository.

while (<>) {
        last if /^Modid:/;
        print "# $_";
}

if (/^Modid:/) {
        print "# --- \n";
        while (<>) {
                if (/^([^ ]+) - (\d+)\.(\d+)/) {
                        $p = $3-1;
                        if ($p == 0) {
                                $source = "/dev/null";
                        } else {
                                $source = "-r $2.$p"
                        }
                        print "cvs diff -u $source -r $2.$3 $1\n";
                } elsif (!/^$/) {
                        print "# $_";
                }
        }