Re: corruption issue

To: Christian Rice <xian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: corruption issue
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:38:58 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Stephen Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Christian Rice wrote:

> Yeah, I ran xfs_repair on it after trying a mount and getting the usual:
>
> [root@ozu tmp]# mount -t xfs /dev/hdb3 /hdb3
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb3,
>        or too many mounted file systems

Christian - Do you have any idea what the true error was behind mount's
very unhelpful error message?  It would be in the system logs.

I suppose it was a recovery error, but it might be interesting to see
what went wrong in the first place.

You've said that this happens to you more than you would like... again,
it would be interesting to see if the original mount failure is the same.

Thanks,

-Eric