Re: Suggestions for kernel/XFS version? Release?

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Suggestions for kernel/XFS version? Release?
From: Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:04:23 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I know you guys get asked this alot, but what's your best guesstimate of your next full release? I'm not having any problems with my current XFS installations, so I'm wondering if I should just wait a little while longer to upgrade from 2.4.16 (XFS 1.1) to 2.4.19 (next XFS release), or go ahead an do it now (XFS from CVS) because a release is not in the near future.

Thanks!

Kelly

Steve Lord wrote:
Just a simple answer, those 'snapshots' that you see are probably a lot
more stable than 1.1 or 1.0 were. Most of what has gone into xfs since
1.1 has been bug fixes and code cleanup. In general I run the cvs tree,
plus other changes I am working on on my workstation. Unless I messed
up somewhere in those extra changes, I have zero problems. We run
nightly regression tests internally, and it is only rarely that
they show anything up.

Steve