Re: How do you do the packaging of the installer ISO?

To: Ajay Ramaswamy <ajayr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How do you do the packaging of the installer ISO?
From: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:42:50 +0100
Cc: George Georgalis <georgw@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
This is slightly off topic but I thought I'd ask where to read up on how RedHat makes their installer images.

What tools should one use, etc?

There are some options in this package to accommodate maintaining your
own/updated rh distro. Their low volume list has quick answers too and
could prob help in this regard.

http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/ftp/autoupdate/general.html

I have found the following sites useful
http://www.linuxworks.com.au/redhat-installer-howto.html
http://www.personam.it/luigi/redhat-cd-howto/
http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/

Thanx to both of you. This answered my questions. Hopefully I'll have my XFS-enabled RH8 DVD up and running soon :)

// Stefan