Re: Troubleshooting?

To: Greg Freemyer <freemyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Troubleshooting?
From: Nathan Straz <nstraz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:37:51 -0600
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 03:01:21PM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> I've just installed the xfs 1.2pre3 kernel on my test server.
>
> In the 3 hours I've had it installed, I've had 3 lockups.

That's not a very good record.  What kind of workload are you putting on
them?  Are you doing the same thing when they lock up?

> When these occur I do NOT get an OOPS nor do I get kicked into KDB.
[...]
> How do I proceed to troubleshoot from here?

I don't think KDB is compiled into the kernels.  You'll want to grab
the source and recompile with KDB.

--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@xxxxxxx
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/