data journal with XFS

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: data journal with XFS
From: Allan Tang <tang_lingbo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:31:05 -0800 (PST)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi sirs,

I have a question about the data journal under xfs.
As I know, xfs only do meta-data journal when user
changed the FS. Then when I want to write about 200
bytes to a file, the system crash happened at this
point.
What will happen on these data? Is it possible to
see the partial data in this file?
If the system crash happened immediately
after the write system call returned,
Is it possible to see
the corrupt data the next time?

If we can't guarantee the data consistency,
how to improve the reliability of data,
use O_SYNC or other ways?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,