Extended attribute for MIME type?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Extended attribute for MIME type?
From: Thomas Leonard <tal00r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 15:37:44 +0000
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone,

I'm currently updating the freedesktop.org shared MIME database spec[1].
I'd like to add a note about reading the MIME type from an extended
attribute, if the filesystem supports it, but I'm not sure what key to
use. 'mime', 'MIME-Type', and 'ContentType' have all been suggested.

Does anyone here know if there's a canonical key name for this? Sorry if
this is the wrong place for such questions.

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info.html

PS: I'm not on the list, so please CC any replies. Thanks,

--
Thomas Leonard                  http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx          tal197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx