Re: How to make filenames case insensitive

To: Olaf Fr±czyk <olaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to make filenames case insensitive
From: Klaus Strebel <klaus.strebel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:31:02 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Olaf Fr±czyk wrote:
Hi,

I have many CDs copied onto disk.
They contain documentation in PDF files.
The files are linked each other.
But I'm unable to use them because they were created in Windows, and
they have filenames in wrong case eg:
I have file XXX and YYY
I open XXX, and I have a link Yyy, so acrobat reader fails to open it.
I can use these CDs when mounted with option check=relaxed, but XFS
doesn't have this option.
What can I do to get it working?

Well,

me method with less effort will be just doing symlinks from YYY to Yyy:

ln -s YYY Yyy

and that's it.

Ciao
Klaus