RE: been a while before i could get back to this..

To: "'Seth Mos'" <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: been a while before i could get back to this..
From: "l.a walsh" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:11:27 -0800
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

> It sounds to me like your filesystem is indeed damaged. I
> suggest repairing
> it with xfs_repair.
---
        It's my root file system, it's a bit hard to unmount, but
xfs_check has no output and xfs_repair seems to just show progress:
# xfs_repair -nf /dev/sda1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
No modify flag set, skipping phase 5
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - traversing filesystem starting at / ...
        - traversal finished ...
        - traversing all unattached subtrees ...
        - traversals finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify link counts...
No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.
---

> You will probably get the filesystem shutdown when using tar as well.
> The problem crops up because the moment it tries to read the file it
> immediatly triggers a filesystem corruption error state. So it (probably)
> won't matter
> if you would use tar or xfsdump, it would barf anyhow.
---
        File system seems fine...It's been used without noticable
problems since problem appeared in _October_.  Wasn't real concerned
since rootfs mostly contains stuff that doesn't change much     (distro
and config files, configs backed up).

        It's just xfs_dump that dumps...(or doesn't).  Wish it wasn't
so rude as to just assume my FS is bad and unmount it -- as everything
else seems fine.

Approx 187,000 names ("find / -xdev|wc") with over
10,000 dirs, /dev/sda3    tot=5.5G  used=4.1G  avail=1.5G  75% /

-l