RE: xfs_repair unable to repair a corrupt filesystem

To: "'Russell G. Howe'" <rhowe@xxxxxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: xfs_repair unable to repair a corrupt filesystem
From: "l.a walsh" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:57:13 -0800
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Seems that xfs_repair isn't very robust -- it doesn't even detect
the problem on my disk that causes xfsdump to knock my rootfs offline.

:-(
-l

http://rhowe.sfarc.net/xfs_repair_var.txt.gz

The output appears identical no matter how many times I run xfs_repair.

I'm using XFS from CVS, sometime around the 19th Dec (that is the date
of compilation, and I update just before I compile). It's based on
2.4.20. Is this too old to be of use as a bug report? I am able and
willing to build a more up to date release of XFS if need be.

xfs_repair is from the Debian (unstable) package, and reports its
version as 2.3.11

I can mount /var, but all those xfs_repair errors make me rather
suspicious about using it.

Most errors appear to be centred around one large (700Mbish) file, which
I don't mind losing.
--
Russell Howe     | Why be just another cog in the machine,
rhowe@xxxxxxxxxx | when you can be the spanner in the works?