Re: sync doesn't do the job

To: Jason Li <jli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: sync doesn't do the job
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Feb 2003 18:58:53 -0600
Cc: "'linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jason -

What symptoms are you seeing?  Also, any chance you can try the 1.2
code?  (although I understand that 1.1 may be in production now).  We
did fix a last-minute problem in 1.2 which involved remount, readonly
not flushing everything to disk.

XFS does use it's own "pagebuf" system for metadata, and it also uses
delayed allocation on normal buffers, these are both a bit different
from other Linux filesystems.  However, sync and remount should work as
expected.

Send us a box and we'll do some testing here.  ;-)

-Eric