Re: Corrupted file on iso installer image of XFS 1.2

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Corrupted file on iso installer image of XFS 1.2
From: Jenny Williams <jenny_williams@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:24:52 -0500
Cc: Bernhard Erdmann <be@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've tried the following:

Upgrade 7.3/xfs 1.1 to 8.0/xfs 1.2 with the v.2 ISO image. Except for the question of whether I was building a new system or upgraded I chose all the default settings. This scenario worked just fine with only one exception - lilo did not run as part of the installation so the machine rebooted however it was using the prior 7.3/xfs 1.1 kernel and none of the modules loaded. Easy enough to fix, however something that might be frustrating.

I have one cosmetic note - the installer I know on the v.1 disk, not sure about the v.2 disk - prompts for Disk 6 - I was tired and grumpy by this point so it took some time for it to sink in that this means the SGI XFS 1.2 for RH disk.

Thanks so much for putting the effort into this.  LOVE xfs.