Re: Moving XFS between sparc64 and ia32

To: Hendrik Visage <hvisage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Moving XFS between sparc64 and ia32
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 16:58:02 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 16:48, Hendrik Visage wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've created an XFS on an Intel 32bit machine, and are now trying
> to mount it on a sparc64 machine. I've noticed issues with the
> pagebuff/blocksize, but how do I circumvent it?
>
> The messages in dmesg output I'm getting is:
>
> XFS mounting filesystem ide0(3,66)
> Starting XFS recovery on filesystem: ide0(3,66) (dev: 3/66)
> XFS: dirty log written in incompatible format - can't recover
> XFS: log mount/recovery failed
> XFS: log mount failed

You are moving between little endian and big endian machines. While
metadata is always big endian in xfs, the log contents are not.
If you are sure you did a clean unmount on ia32, try running
xfs_repair -L on the filesystem. But if you can I would
mount and unmount it on ia32 just in case before this.

Steve