Re: patches on Redhat (errata) kernel source

To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: patches on Redhat (errata) kernel source
From: Jameel Akari <jakari@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:03:34 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> > I can't really use the 2.4.28-XFS-1.2 RPMs since they are built for Redhat
> > 8.0, and we're standardized on 7.3 for now.
>
> But they have SRPMs.  Just rpmbuild 'em -- that's what I do here.

Err, make that 2.4.18-24.  Anyway, I needed to patch in some
system-specific drivers anyway.

> There is, and the location can be found in the list archives.

Of course I looked there quickly, but didn't notice the searchable archive
until after I sent this.  Found a patched kernel-source package that did
the job, and so far the 3rd party drivers built on it just fine.
Switched out the infernal tg3 drivers for bcm5700 so hopefully I'll avoid
that problem... Ah well, a silly question in the end. Sorry about that,
thanks anyways.

Somewhat related, has anyone had recent experience (positive or otherwise)
with the Compaq server "health" drivers and storage agent drivers on an
XFS-patched kernel?  Way back when, they were binary only and didn't work
with anything but stock distro kernels, but at least some of them are
srpms these days and I haven't had a chance to play with any of it until
today.

--
#!/jameel/akari
sleep 4800;