Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released

To: Mogens Kjaer <mk@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released
From: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:42:52 +0200
Cc: Ajay Ramaswamy <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

If I remember right the SGI installer for 7.3 used to add a sleep(30)
between each of those isys.sync() calls, may be you need to patch the
booty source rpm and put it into the RPMS folder before you run
buildinstall so that the changes are pulled into the stage2.img.

I've tried to add a couple of sleep(30)'s but it doesn't help.

Also, I've tried sleep(300).

I can't remount the installation partition, as it is busy.

Hm... I'm out of ideas.

Are the sync's ignored on the XFS partition?

Mogens

I even tried hacking the xfs driver so that it always mounts the partitions sync but that didn't help either.

Good to see someone tried the 'delay' way. Just sad it didn't help.

This is probably a FAQ but does XFS only push metadata on sync or
does it ignore it altogether? It smells like a bug but...

// Stefan