Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released
From: Felix <felix.zihlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:20:33 +0200
Cc: cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Why wouldn't I be able to remount / ro ? Wouldn't that be because
> someone is holding a file on / open in write mode?

It is not possible to unmount /mnt/sysimage, because stage2.img is copied to the disk for CDROM installs. Then the loopback mount of stage2.img is "magically shifted" to the copied image. This is needed to be able to swap CD's. It is not really needed vor DVD's. I have no idea why remount ro is impossible; stage2.img is cramfs usually and ro...

My workaround for grub installs is the following post scriptlet:
%post
# install grub loader files in /boot only, if installed by anaconda
if [ `uname -r | grep -c BOOT` -eq 1 ]; then
/sbin/grub-install --just-copy
fi
This way the second stage loader has plenty of time to really hit the disk (since it is not the last package that gets installed), before anaconda installs the first stage loader in the MBR (that needs to know the pysical postition of the second stage loader on the disk).

Felix
--
felix.zihlmann_AT_freesurf.ch