Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released

To: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released
From: Felix <felix.zihlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:42:11 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx, mk@xxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Stefan Smietanowski wrote:

Sorry. You meant the POST script of a package and not the post-install
script of the installer. Then I can see how that would work, but as
someone pointed out, with enough RAM in the machine and that might
not work either. The only thing that might save us there is if we can
get grub to install first so that the actual TIME makes it write
to disk. I'm going to go check up on how to make grub be installed
first.

// Stefan

That would be the ultimate solution! The easyest way would be to add grub to the stage2.img. Then you could do a grub-install --just-copy --root-directory=/mnt/sysimage/boot directly after mounting the partitions.

Good luck!

Felix
--
felix.zihlmann_AT_freesurf.ch