Re: XFS as initrd file system

To: "Jason H. Smith" <jhs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS as initrd file system
From: Nathan Straz <nstraz@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:17:08 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> This same setup works if I use ext2 as the initrd filesystem, but I do not
> want ext2 in my kernel for something as trivial as initrd.

IMHO, a journaled file system is a little overkill for an initrd image.
If you want an alternative to ext2, you might want to look at cramfs.  I
think using XFS for an initrd image is best kept to an academic exercise.

--
Nate Straz                                              nstraz@xxxxxxx
sgi, inc                                           http://www.sgi.com/