Re: XFS recovery issues

To: Cory Visi <merlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS recovery issues
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Sep 2003 17:15:37 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Net Llama! <netllama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 16:16, Cory Visi wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Net Llama! wrote:

> > Are you running the latest release of xfsprogs?
>
> I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm running:
>
> acl-2.2.13
> attr-2.4.7
> dmapi-2.0.8
> xfsdump-2.2.13
> xfsprogs-2.5.4
>
> Do any of these affect the XFS recovery during a mount?

Recovery is completely local to the kernel, and should not be affected
by user space in anyway. If you have a way of getting to the device
before it mounts can you run xfs_logprint -t on it? Since this is your
root it may be a little difficult.

The output looks a little like you have a hole in your log which is
not being coped with.

Steve