Re: XFS recovery issues

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS recovery issues
From: Cory Visi <merlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 10:56:09 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>, Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 09:00:25AM -0400, Cory Visi wrote:
> > gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 20030422 (Gentoo Linux 1.4 3.2.3-r1, propolice)
> >
> > The lines in xfs_log.h seem to only affect 2.96. Could this still be an
> > issue? Should I try the 2.96 code?
>
> It should not be needed.  You could try it anyway or even better try
> an official gnu compiler release or one of the major distros with gcc
> expertise instead of strangely patched stuff.

Thank you for tipping me off to compiler/gcc problems. I was compiling the
kernel with -Os. When I reverted this back to -O2, XFS recovery began
working.

Should XFS be able to be compiled with -Os? Is my gcc doing something
funky with -Os? Hopefully this experience will become helpful to someone.

Thank you,
Cory Visi