Re: List configuration

To: Arthur Corliss <corliss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: List configuration
From: Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 11:04:22 +0800
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Arthur Corliss wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Feizhou wrote:

Open list? I had to confirm my subscription.

You even get spam on the qmail list which requires you send a
confirmation for EACH post.

Rule No. 2. Spammers are STUPID

Somebody *please* unscrew your list servers before I'm forced to unsubscribe
and blacklist these boxes...

Get real.

Right.  If it's not the list, then it's your smtp config.  The fact remains
that the mail *is* coming through oss.sgi.com, I verified the headers before
sending out my bitch:

Whoa! Sorry for jumping on you but I didn't say anything about your smtp config.

I didn't know that the list was open in the sense that anybody could send email to it.