XFS internal error / xfs_force_shutdown

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS internal error / xfs_force_shutdown
From: Dan Lake <danl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Jan 2004 12:01:28 -0800
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I have been using XFS with some success on Linux NFS fileservers.  In
the past month, one server has been subjected to an
extremely heavy load - lots of IO, many files created/read/deleted, full
filesystem.  With the increase in load, the system has crashed or hung
numerous times.  I've included system configuration information and XFS
relevant traces from /var/log/messages below.

I'd like to stabilize this system.  Any suggestions?

=Dan Lake
Imageworks
--
pi equals 3 -- for small values of pi and large values of 3