large allocation groups fix

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: large allocation groups fix
From: Alexander Fisher <alexjfisher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:49:09 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

I'm running a vendor modified kernel 2.4.20-pre2 into
which I have patched the 1.3.1 xfs 2.4.21 patches.
Doing this wasn't too tricky although I needed to
integrate a few bitkeeper changesets to get this to
work.

I'm using xfs on large filesystems 1TB+ and have
quickly noticed the problem with the large allocation
group size that the latest version of mkfs.xfs will
create by default.  I would like to 'fix' my kernel so
that allocation group sizes above 4GB don't result in
lockups.

Is there a patch I can use against the 1.3.1 xfs
release?   I've looked at the fix included in kernel
changeset 1.1276.1.2
http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.4/cset@xxxxxxxxxx?nav=index.html|src/|src/fs|src/fs/xfs|related/fs/xfs/xfs_iomap.h
but it doesn't apply to the official xfs release.

On a related point, are there any plans to announce
any more official xfs releases or is it just assumed
that people will use upto date linux kernels?

Thanks,
Alex

P.S.  Sincere apologies if this email arrives at the
list twice.