Re: 1.3.1 patches against those old Redhat 7.3 kernels?

To: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 1.3.1 patches against those old Redhat 7.3 kernels?
From: Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 06:34:39 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Isaac Claymore <clay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-list <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Stefan Smietanowski wrote:

> Hi.
>
> > My company is still running old Redhat 7.3 based kernels on some
> > products, and unfortunately, I'm supposed to port xfs 1.3.1 back
> > to them. I've digged through the list archive, finding only some
> > old xfs patches again rh 73 kernels with stale urls.
> >
> > So, before I get myself started, am I so lucky that someone here
> > happens to have such a patch already? That'd save me quite alot
> > of would-be-duplicated work.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any hint or suggestion.
> >

> Here's one with 1.3.0 by Axel Thimm:
>
> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh73/kernel/
>
> If that's not good enough you can always use that as a basis for
> applying the 1.3.1 patch to it instead.

As I recall, the only real difference between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 were some
documentation things.  Functionally, they should be exactly the same.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit