Re: xfs_repair dies with a fatal error

To: Jeff Snyder <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair dies with a fatal error
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:02:59 +1100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:42:45PM +0000, Jeff Snyder wrote:

> OK, done that (with cvs HEAD), and now xfs_repair finishes (:.

Good stuff.

> However, after running xfs_repair, the filesystem does not appear to be fully
> fixed as i still get output from xfs_repair.
>
> Here's what i get now: http://demantoid.ath.cx/~jeff/xfs_repair_cvs_script
>
> and I get exactly the same output if i run it again. The first time I ran cvs
> xfs_repair, I think it gave some other messages aswell, but i'm afraid I
> wasn't recording those..

You will continue to see these disconnected inodes until you move
them out of lost+found... that is how xfs_repair works - it removes
lost+found early on each time, so anything that was disconnected
previously will remain disconnected until some manual intervention
to cleanup those inodes is done.

cheers.

--
Nathan