Re: Linux XFS file system size

To: CJ Keist <cjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux XFS file system size
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:45:53 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:58:37AM -0600, CJ Keist wrote:
> I didn't find this in the FAQ area, but what is the maximum file system
> size that XFS can do on RedHat Linux?

We've tested XFS on a petabyte, on Altix - thats a modified version
of Redhat (most Redhat versions that have XFS are modified versions)
and its a 64 bit machine - very important to get past the small TB
numbers.  The theoretical maximum for a 64 bit box is some number
of exabytes (can't remember off the top of my head), or something
ridiculous like that.

But for 32 bit machines, I'd test extensively before going past the
1 or 2 TB range, as others have said.

cheers.

--
Nathan