Re: Announce: xfs 1.3.3 beta 1

To: Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Announce: xfs 1.3.3 beta 1
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:05:13 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Axel Thimm wrote:

> > as well as a tarball that contains fs/xfs/* which should be able to
> > overlay any kernel.org kernel >= 2.4.21 (although the RPMs have had
> > the most testing).  Also, userspace rpms & tarballs.
>
> Does that mean that kernels >= 2.4.21 could be entirely built out of
> the tree with XFS 1.3.3 (e.g. the RHEL3/FC1 kernel)? Probably not,
> because there is a patched kernel for RHEL3, or am I missing
> something?

Argh, what was I thinking.... no, it won't work for 2.4.21, it
would need to be laid over a kernel.org kernel that already
has xfs in it, of course.  Sorry, too many things in my brain
lately.  I'll get the README updated.

thanks for the hints on the packaging, too, I'll look into that
(hopefully can still follow an upgrade path to your suggested
naming...) but not for this release.

-Eric