Re: Problems with deleting directories

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems with deleting directories
From: MichaelM <lordvader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:43:28 +1000
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I once had a similar problem. It wasn't due to the filesystem, but rather a
filename got currupted, and ended up with a "/" in the name. "/" is an
illegal character in filenames, so the file couldn't be deleted, renamed,
nothing. I had to format the drive to remove the file. An "ls -la" did show
the file however, but the other symptoms seem similar ......