xfs
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Problems with deleting directories

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problems with deleting directories
From: Sebastian Witt <se.witt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:48:17 +0200
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007
Eric Sandeen wrote:

 > Ok, thanks.  Any errors in the logs, or error output from tar?
 > have you tried xfs_repair on the disk (it checks differently than
 > xfs_check does...)


No errors in the logs. Here a example
what happens on 2.6.1, 2.6.2, 2.6.5 and 2.6.6-rc2:

2.6.1:
-------
root@server3:/var/ftp/linux# tar -tzf lsof_4.69.tar.gz
lsof_4.69/
lsof_4.69/lsof_4.69_src.tar
lsof_4.69/README.lsof_4.69
lsof_4.69/lsof_4.69_src.tar.asc
lsof_4.69/00.README.FIRST_4.69
lsof_4.69/RELEASE.SUMMARY_4.69
-------
Ok, now with 2.6.2, 2.6.5 or 2.6.6-rc2:
-------
root@server3:/var/ftp/linux# tar -tzf lsof_4.69.tar.gz
lsof_4.69/
lsof_4.69/lsof_4.69_src.tar
tar: Skipping to next header

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
-------

Not working anymore. I can try this with different archives or files, 
but not all are "corrupt".
I'm using a MD5-database to check the integrity of all files on this 
partition. There are no changed files when I test 2087 files, but
when I ran this check on >2.6.1 it reports 981 have "changed".
On 2.6.2, 2.6.5 and 2.6.6-rc2 it reports the same files as changed.

Here is the xfs_repair (run with 2.6.1) log:
-------
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
         - zero log...
zero_log: head block 13285 tail block 13285
         - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
         - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
         - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
         - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
         - agno = 0
         - agno = 1
         - agno = 2
         - agno = 3
         - agno = 4
         - agno = 5
         - agno = 6
         - agno = 7
         - agno = 8
         - agno = 9
         - agno = 10
         - agno = 11
         - agno = 12
         - agno = 13
         - agno = 14
         - agno = 15
         - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
         - setting up duplicate extent list...
         - clear lost+found (if it exists) ...
         - clearing existing "lost+found" inode
         - deleting existing "lost+found" entry
         - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
         - agno = 0
         - agno = 1
         - agno = 2
         - agno = 3
         - agno = 4
         - agno = 5
         - agno = 6
         - agno = 7
         - agno = 8
         - agno = 9
         - agno = 10
         - agno = 11
         - agno = 12
         - agno = 13
         - agno = 14
         - agno = 15
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
         - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
         - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
         - ensuring existence of lost+found directory
         - traversing filesystem starting at / ...
         - traversal finished ...
         - traversing all unattached subtrees ...
         - traversals finished ...
         - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
done
---------

Bye,
Sebastian



<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>