Re: Problems with RAID1 using SATA disks.

To: Gustavo Franco <stratus@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Problems with RAID1 using SATA disks.
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:09:44 +0100
Cc: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 01:50:29PM -0300, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> I've already reported[0] my problem on Apr 12, with few details on
> lkml.Since then, only Steve Lord (xfs) have replied to me writing that
> Christoph was looking into it.I'll explain my problem here again, since
> with my new tests i can see clearly that it isn't a xfs problem.I just don't
> known if it's a hardware, software raid or libata problem.

The thing at [0] certainly is not a raid problem.  Most likely it's a
XFS problem although there's a small but non-zero chance that either
the VFS or nfsd are at fault.  I currently have a bunch of more important
issue on my plate, but for now the patch at:

        http://oss.sgi.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=108&action=view

should fix it at the cost of slower deletions.