Q: How to correct a wrong quota value on a xfs filesystem

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Q: How to correct a wrong quota value on a xfs filesystem
From: Rainer Krienke <krienke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 15:50:37 +0200
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am running a linux fileserver (suse 8.2) with several 1000 users on it. The
user filesystem is xfs (1.3.1). The filesystem ist mounted with the usrquota
option. Basically quota work just fine.

However today a user complained because the quota system reported that he was
about his soft quota limit. A call of quota -v user confirmed this. However
this seems to be wrong. I searched the complete filesystem with find for
files belonging to this user oder his uid and the only files found were in
his HOME directory that is on this filesystem. Running du -sk on his home
reports only half of the size that the quota system says he is currently
using.

So i wanted to check the quotas at night using quotacheck:

/sbin/quotacheck -v -m -F xfs /export/user3

However this program tells me that quotacheck for xfs need not be cheked
(probably because its part of the journal data?).

So how can I correct the obviously wrong quota value of the user in question?
Do I have to run xfs_repair, only umount and then remount the filesystem, so
xfs will check the quota once again?

Thanks for any help
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html