Linux/XFS equivalents of defrag, chkdsk?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Linux/XFS equivalents of defrag, chkdsk?
From: mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:24:22 -0700 (PDT)
Mike: yes
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I want to ensure that my filesystems are always optimized as well as be able to detect any possible filesystem-level issues ahead of time.

I looked around the command line switches and manpages for the XFS and fsck commands, and could not find anything relevant.

So I bring it to this mailing list:

Are there Linux equivalents for the XFS filesystem for chkdsk (fsck -n seemed like the only possibility and it does not work) or defrag?

Perhaps the way XFS runs, defrag is useless/not required. But it would be nice to be able to check filesystem consistency (while it's mounted, so it'd be read-only checking obviously) before something happens or while it's not in the process of booting the machine.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
mike