Question: Does XFS journal data or only metadata?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Question: Does XFS journal data or only metadata?
From: Anders Saaby <as@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:05:57 +0100
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi List,

We are considering using NVRAM for external journal on some of our XFS
filesystems, but questions emerge which I can not find answers for:

Does XFS journal everything (data and metadata) or only metadata?

Are we able to move an internal log to external log on an existing filesystem?
(xfs_growfs has an option for it "-x", but the man page says it is "not
implemented") - If this is not implemented, do we have alternative measures
for creating an external log on an existing filesystem?

Thanks in advance,

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards - Meilleures salutations

Anders Saaby
Systems Engineer
Cohaesio A/S - Maglebjergvej 5D - DK-2800 Lyngby
Phone: +45 45 880 888 - Fax: +45 45 880 777
Mail: as@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.cohaesio.com