Re: TAKE 934766 - Delay direct I/O completion to a workqueue

To: Al Boldi <a1426z@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE 934766 - Delay direct I/O completion to a workqueue
From: Stephen Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 14:07:13 -0500
Cc: "'Christoph Hellwig'" <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Al Boldi wrote:
Christoph Hellwig wrote: {
On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 05:31:58PM +0300, Al Boldi wrote:

Will this affect XFS behaviour with regards to the non-existent Ordered-Mode?

No.
}

Is there a way to coax XFS into doing something like ordered mode?

I remember that this ordered-mode behaviour was available before XFS was
added into the vanilla-Kernel!

--
Al

The journalling modes in ext3 are all inside the jdb layer and ext3,
xfs has a completely different journalling implementation and I/O path.
Getting xfs to do a data=ordered mode is a fairly fundamental change.

Steve