Re: Will we ever see XFS supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

To: Markus Meyer <mm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Will we ever see XFS supported in Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:08:01 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Markus Meyer <mm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So you say that using XFS on a system with 512 MiB and a 80
> GiB hardrive is no option? What about all those users who
use
> XFS at home because it's stable and very easy to setup?

I'm not saying anything.

I personally prefer XFS for data filesystems -- both the
inode/mega-data features as well as the ability to backup via
xfsdump, defrag with xfs_fsr (largely for service data
filesystems like IMAP), etc...

But Ext3 is fine for sub-100GB in my experience.

-- Bryan

P.S.  Anal note:  Hard drive storage is typically in GB
(10^9), memory in GiB (2^30).

mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx     |  (please excuse any