Re: Directory versions (again)...

To: James Braid <jamesb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Directory versions (again)...
From: Toralf Lund <toralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 15:05:49 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
James Braid wrote:

Toralf Lund wrote:
I still have some IRIX xfs disks that I'd like to move to a Linux box.
Now, the FAQ sais

Make sure that the directory format is version 2 on the IRIX filesystems
(this is the default since IRIX 6.5.5).
Linux can only read v2 directories.

So unless this has changed recently, I need to make sure the fs has
version 2 directories. The question is, how do I check the version of a
given volume? I know I've done this a number of times in the past, but I
always seem to forget how I did it, and finding info on this in the
manual pages is not very easy. Can someone please remind me?

on IRIX, 'xfs_growfs -n /filesystem' should do the trickOK
Right. It's the "naming =" value, isn't it?

I actually tried the command earlier, but never realised that the info was in there when I looked at the output ;-/

Thanks.

- Toralf