XFS filesystem curruption problems

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS filesystem curruption problems
From: Kelly Harding <kelly.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:31:06 +0000
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,

I recently had my Debian Linux system fall over due to power problems here.

Everything bar the LVM2 volume group came back up fine afterwards.

I use kernel version 2.4.27 on this system (dual pII/350(p/pro overdrive), pr440fx board(44fx chipset),512mb ram).

I use XFS for all filesystems and haven't till now encountered any problems with it. All for the most part works great.

However, after fixing the problem with the LVM2 that I had (LVM2 got upgraded to a version that needs 2.6 kernels),
I'm still unable to mount the volume.

XFS complains about the superblock.

I get the following errors:

From mount:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
 /dev/3diskvolume/3diskvolume,
 missing codepage or other error
 could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
 ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)
 dmesg | tail or so

From xfs_check:

 xfs_check: /dev/3diskvolume/3diskvolume is invalid (cannot read first
 512 bytes)

From xfs_repair:

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
superblock read failed, offset 0, size 524288, ag 0, rval 0

fatal error -- Invalid argument

When trying to mount the partition I also get this in /var/log/messages:

XFS: SB read failed

Is there any way to resolve this problem?

I've not yet been able to run diagnostics on the drives themselves, though I think they're fine, I think it is just
filesystem curruption.

Any suggestions? or is the partition totalled and time to wipe and start over?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly