xfsdump, fs-attr "d" & directories

To: Linux-Xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: xfsdump, fs-attr "d" & directories
From: Linda Walsh <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:30:02 -0800
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I was wondering, regarding the "d" attribute on files.

It says it specifies not to dump the specific file.

Is support for marking directories non-dumpable planned?

Should would be nice to partition off certain directories
and anything underneath them as items not to be dumped,
for example I might want to dump "/var", as many system settings
are stored there, but may not care to dump contents of
/var/tmp, or /var/squid/cache.  But with those directories,
setting the "d" on individual files isn't a great solution.

Would be nice to disable dumping of those entire directory
trees.

Linda