[previously sent to linux-xfs but didn't go through, then I noticed the
list address was changed, sorry if it shows up]
I got a corrupted xfs device that printed out, when trying to recover:
Bad inode magic number, ....
Internal error xlog_recover_do_inode_trans(1) ...
I don't have all the details transcribed (tooks some pictures with my
cell phone but the quality sucks).
I did, however, save a copy of the disk via my computer's target-disk
mode before running xfs_repair -L on it. It is 7.3 GB (compressed with
gzip -3) but I can run analysis on it if anyone is interested, you just
need to tell me what to do.
Then, after taking the snapshot, I attempted to run xfs_repair -L on it,
but it crapped out too and told me:
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
corrupt dinode 30638, extent total = 1, nblocks = 0. This is a bug.
Please report it to linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
fatal error -- couldn't map inode 30638, err = 990
The whole log is attached.
Interestingly, after repair, the kernel was able to mount it again,
but lots of bad things happen in some directories.
Description: GNU Zip compressed data
Description: This is a digitally signed message part