Re: several messages

To: Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx>, David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: several messages
From: Stephane Doyon <sdoyon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:39:55 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shailendra Tripathi <stripathi@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry for insisting, but it seems to me there's still a problem in need of fixing: when writing a 5GB file over NFS to an XFS file system and hitting ENOSPC, it takes on the order of 22hours before my application gets an error, whereas it would normally take about 2minutes if the file system did not become full.

Perhaps I was being a bit too "constructive" and drowned my point in explanations and proposed workarounds... You are telling me that neither NFS nor XFS is doing anything wrong, and I can understand your points of view, but surely that behavior isn't considered acceptable?