Re: xfsrepair memory consumption

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfsrepair memory consumption
From: "Daniele P." <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:08:27 +0100
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 21 March 2007 09:48, Barry Naujok wrote:
> This could be libxfs caching in action.
>
> Another option you can try is:
>
> -o bhash=256
>
> Also, -M and -P options may reduce memory consumption.
> I recommend -M (I'm in the middle of making that default).

Hi Barry,
In the previous test I already used the -M option (no thread).
Using also -P and -o bhash=256 make the memory usage of the new version
of xfs_repair close to the old version with no option for phases
1-5.
This is really useful.
Phase 6 still uses little more memory (killed!).
I will add more memory and will test later.

Thanks,
Daniele P.